Still not sure how and what painting to decorate your wall with ? We at LOKO DEKO are the wall art experts. We've seen it all and done it all and we are here to help you with 5 tips on how to choose the appropriate size, colors and style for your painting.
- Cut a cardboard according to the size of your choice and place it on the wall as a reference. This way you will be able to see if the dimension fits properly in your space.
- It is very important to take the time and make sure the artwork is hung at the correct height. We suggest for it to be approximately at eye level so that makes it around 60 inches from the floor to the center of the artwork. If you opt to do a wall grouping with several paintings on a big surface, take the measurements of the wall and do a quick sketch on how you will place them.
Always keep in mind to respect symmetry and good proportions.
- First and foremost, you will need to choose a color scheme that will reflect the mood of your space. If you opt to use warm or cool hues, you will need to pick a painting that will complement the colors of the room. Don't forget, art has no boundaries, as long as you find a good balance.
- It is important that you select a specific style that will be harmonious with the overall of your space, that includes furniture, accessories, fabric and architectural features. If your room reflects a feminine or a masculine mood then try to pick a painting that will enhance this element.
- The importance of lighting your artwork properly can have a big impact on the visual . It is suggested to place the painting in an area where you have recessed lighting fixtures that be adjusted to different angles. Dimly lit artwork will lose a lot of impact and look quit bland. Good lighting will make your artwork more vibrant and contribute to the mood of the space.